Friday, March 2, 2012

Managing Milestones

When I graduated from Baylor in December 2007, a lot of people asked me where I wanted to be in 5 years.  I don't think I really had a good answer for that question.  I wasn't sure if I'd like consulting or if it would be a good fit for my skills and personality.

At some point in the early months of my employment at Hitachi Consulting, I did set a goal for myself to reach the Manager level at Hitachi.  I didn't know how long it would take, so I'm not sure if that was really my 5 year plan, but it's probably the closest I got to a 5 year plan at that point in my career... and after a year or two, my motives and focus changed a bit.  In the end, I found myself making decisions based on the ever changing working world... I didn't keep the "Make Manager at Hitachi" as a hard target for myself.

Now, it's a little over 4 years since I started at Hitachi Consulting, and despite the fact that my long-range planning motives have changed, I just achieved that original goal.  It's neat to meet the first career goal I ever set for myself.

Look Out World: Marleta's a Manager!


(PS I'm a little too proud of the title of this post... it's my first triple-meaning blog post title)

No comments:

Post a Comment