So here I go; I'm thankful for:
- 26 (almost) years of good health
- Loving parents that encouraged me to be the best that I could be
- A solid faith community that not only taught me about God conceptually but also showed the love of Christ in their daily lives.
- A school system that allowed me to cultivate a love of the arts, gave me an opportunity to experience the classics, and challenged me to grow while giving me the educational foundation to build upon the rest of my life.
- A brother who knows and loves me deeply, and who, despite some sibling rivalry growing up, I cherish as my childhood companion.
- Sisters who welcomed me just as I am into the fold of Alpha Delta Pi.
- A culture where, as a woman, I am encouraged to go far in my career without giving up who I am as a woman.
- Baylor University, of which I have many fond memories.
- A great young career where I am both challenged and respected for my contributions
- My extended family that I love dearly... and all of their beautiful children (my brother and I are the only cousins who have yet to add little munchkins to group)
- The many friends and family who supported, encouraged, attended, and/or thought of us from a far during our wedding this year.
- The ability to own our own home despite economic turmoil around the world.
- Many close friends that join us for basketball games, Hot Springs trips, tailgating, poker nights, and any other general merriment.
- The best in-laws one could hope for. I look forward to many new memories I'll make with the Hansen family.
- A great Thanksgiving dinner... and Chocolate Pie!
I am truly blessed, and I cannot say thanks enough to "deserve" any of it... Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and I'm glad to take a moment to be thankful.
Happy Thanksgiving All!