Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

It feels important to take a little time this time of year to think specifically about what I'm thankful for.  It seems like once a month or so, John and I find ourselves saying to each other that we're incredibly blessed in our lives, so I know that as I set out to write this post, I have no shortage of things to be thankful for this year.
  • Always first on my list: My wonderful family.  My fabulous husband of a year and a half, excellent parents who are still so encouraging in my adult life, great in-laws who hosted John and I on our Greek excursion this year, a brother I seem to love more with each year that we grow older (and further from our sibling rivalry years) and a brother-in-law that I'm still enjoying getting to know better.
  • The prospects of potentially adding another heart to that beautiful family (no, there's not any news on that front yet, but the prospects are an exciting part of life)
  • An extended family that sometimes seems even more eager than John and I about said "prospects" :)
  • Many close friends that bring joy to our everyday lives through dinners, parties, UNT athletics, and many other get-togethers.
  • A comfortable home with a successful renovation project this year (Thanks Hillary!)
  • An employer that respects me and my contributions and celebrated them with a manager promotion this year.
  • 2 adorable dogs - Happily, both now in good health!
  • Randi, for introducing me to my new favorite hobby: Crochet.
  • That John and I have no major trials or health concerns, and that those in our lives who do have health concerns are under the care of first-class doctors. 
  • And... that I'm pretty sure the Mayans are wrong, and John and I will have many more years on Earth to celebrate our lives together. ;)

Thank you Lord for your many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment