Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Waltons Take On Cayman

She's alive!  This has been my longest drought in blog posts since I started this blog, but never fear, we're alive and well... and busy with work and life... thus, reduced blogging.  Honestly, I haven't felt like I have much exciting to write about... just the same ol', same ol'.  I kept thinking I'd post when we had news to share, and I got a little bored waiting for there to be news.  (For those who get my hint, no, there's indeed nothing to share)

But some exciting stuff has been happening!  The Waltons (+ John -- because he only married a Walton) took a week long trip to Grand Cayman last month.  It was the first time the 5 of us traveled together, and it was a success!

The view from our condo.

Standing at the pool looking back at our condo.
We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo on Seven-Mile Beach.  There was a kitchen, washer/dryer, and nice living and dining space.  It was within walking distance of a grocery store and a few restaurants that we visited during our stay.  Best of all, our condo opened up onto the pool area with just a few short steps to get to the beach.


 

There were tons of these little guys running around
My Dad, brother, and I went diving almost every day... I logged 12 dives for a total of 9 hours and 45 minutes of diving.  We dove with a great company called "Living the Dream Divers" - If you're ever planning on diving Grand Cayman, you must dive with these guys... we saw several of the other dive operations while we were there and researched many before we left... these guys are definitely the best.  We had an awesome time! 

We saw turtles, sharks, eel, and sting rays... lots of sting rays.  We also drove a wall where the drop goes down to 6,000 feet.  It was beautiful - My diving experience is admittedly limited, but that was the best diving I've ever experienced.  I don't have any diving pictures though because Jonathan has a Go Pro camera that he used on all the dives, so I'm waiting on him to edit down the footage.

And we got to see beautiful sunsets every night!

When we weren't diving, we were relaxing on the beach, reading, watching Kindle videos, or exploring George Town (the capital city) to find a highly-recommended Jerk chicken booth.

All in All, it was a good time.  I'll post a little more if/when I get pictures from the rest of the family ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment