Monday, May 14, 2012

Crochet

I've got a new hobby: Crochet!  I saw a cowl that I wanted on Etsy, and I wanted to make it myself.  I asked a friend who sews and knits and crochets to teach me how to make the cowl, so I'd have one for myself.
The Cowl - with some help from Randi, even the button is home-made
After I finished the cowl, I was surprised to find that I really like crochet and wanted to do more.  The cowl is just a bunch of single crochet with a button hole (which, by the way, I was really impressed with myself for figuring out on my own), but I wanted something more fun and challenging...

Zig-Zag Scarf: I'm impressed with this one because the pattern labels itself as "Intermediate" difficulty level.
After finishing the cowl, Randi taught me double crochet and how to read a pattern.  I've been practicing double crochet with a couple patterns and I've already found some new things to be my next projects (and some of my next things are not scarves or cowls). 

Flower Scarf
A close up of one of the flowers

Look out world, I'm crocheting!

2 comments:

  1. That is impressive! I have always thought that would be fun to learn. Can't wait to see the pics of all your upcoming house projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do we get to put in an order for our Christmas gifts or are you going to choose? :-)

    ReplyDelete